How the Freedom Quitline Works
If you’re a TRICARE beneficiary who smokes cigarettes and is interested in quitting, find out if you’re eligible to use the Freedom Quitline.
If you use the Freedom Quitline, you will receive:
- Four personalized, one-on-one smoking cessation counseling sessions over the phone with a highly-trained staff member who is ready to help you quit.
- Free nicotine replacement therapy (nicotine patch or gum) delivered to your home.
You may qualify for the Freedom Quitline if you are:
- A TRICARE beneficiary (Active Duty, dependent or retiree).
- Please note, Army Reserve and National Guard members are not eligible at this time.
- In the past 12 months, you have smoked five or more cigarettes a day.
- 18 years or older.
- Living in the United States.
- If you are stationed overseas, you may still be able to participate in the Freedom Quitline. Call 210-671-1993 (DSN: 473-1993) or visit the Freedom Quitline website for approved locations and phone numbers.
Call the Freedom Quitline at 1-844-I-AM-FREE (1-844-426-3733) to see if you qualify and get started.
The National Institutes of Health, in cooperation with the Department of Defense and the University of Virginia, grant-funds the Freedom Quitline.