The Great American Spit Out (GASpO) 2022 – Do Service members know that there is no “safe” type of tobacco, including smokeless tobacco? GASpO is an annual event that will take place on February 24, 2022 to raise awareness about the dangers of using smokeless tobacco (including chew, snuff, dip and snus). Share the following YouCanQuit2 resources to support your local GASpO efforts and encourage Service members to ditch these products for good. Also – it’s always important to remind Service members that the best way to protect their health, relationships, and career is to quit all tobacco products.
- Smokeless tobacco info. Share these resources with Service members to highlight the health risks of smokeless tobacco: Smokeless Tobacco: Myth vs. Fact [PDF 357KB], Smokeless Tobacco: Not a Quick Fix, and Questions about Smokeless Tobacco.
- Interactive resources. Encourage Service members to use these interactive resources for quitting if they are ready to quit smokeless tobacco (or another form of tobacco!) once and for all. Here, they’ll find the YouCanQuit2 Quit Plan, 24/7 Live Chat and text message programs.
- YouCanQuit2 social media. Promote the YouCanQuit2 social media channels so that Service members can get the tips and encouragement they need throughout their journey to become tobacco free.
- Ready-to-Use messaging. Coming soon! GASpO ready-to-use messaging to complement your local efforts like social media outreach, plan of the day (POD)/plan of the week (POW) notes, newsletter articles, email communications and more!
Great American Smokeout (GASO) 2021 – This annual event is sponsored by the American Cancer Society and will take place on November 18. On this day, thousands of people across America will come together to quit tobacco. Take this opportunity to encourage Service members to quit all forms of tobacco (including cigarettes, vapes, e-cigarettes and smokeless tobacco) and jumpstart a healthier life. Use the following YouCanQuit2 resources in your local GASO efforts and ensure Service members are set up for a successful quit!
- Check out the 2021 GASO Guide [PDF 407KB] that highlights YouCanQuit2 resources, social media and ready-to-use messages to share with Service members.
- Download the GASO 2021 image [JPG 709KB] to use on your materials or resources (like your plan of the day (POD)/Plan of the week (POW)).
- Share this new motivating poster with Service members so they have the tips and tools they need to make their future tobacco free.
- Encourage Service members to start their quit tobacco journey by using the YouCanQuit2 Quit Plan, a step-by-step interactive tool that shows them how to prepare to quit and offers encouraging tips along the way to help Service members achieve their quit goals.
Stay tuned for upcoming events.