View information and resources that support tobacco education and cessation related observances as well as upcoming events where you can catch the YouCanQuit2 team.
The Great American Spit Out (GASpO) 2023 – Do Service members know that there is no “safe” type of tobacco, including smokeless tobacco? GASpO is an annual event that will take place on February 23, 2023 to raise awareness about the dangers of using smokeless tobacco (including chew, snuff, dip and snus). See how you can use YouCanQuit2 resources to support your local GASpO efforts and ensure Service members are ready to quit on February 23.
- Smokeless tobacco info. Share these resources with Service members to highlight the health risks of smokeless tobacco: Smokeless Tobacco: Myth vs. Fact [PDF 592KB], Smokeless Tobacco: Not a Quick Fix and Questions about Smokeless Tobacco.
- Interactive resources. Encourage Service members to use these interactive resources for quitting [PDF 227KB] no matter where they are in their quit journey to quit smokeless tobacco (or any other form of tobacco).
- YouCanQuit2 social media. Promote the YouCanQuit2 social media channels so that Service members can get the tips and encouragement they need throughout their journey to become tobacco free.
- Ready-to-Use messaging. Use GASpO ready-to-use messaging to complement your local efforts like social media outreach, plan of the day (POD)/plan of the week (POW) notes, newsletter articles, email communications and more!
- Planning to quit using tobacco for the Great American Spit Out? Use these tips to prep your body and mind: www.ycq2.org/how-to-quit-tobacco/preparing-to-quit
- Quitting tobacco is a marathon. TODAY is the perfect time to take your first step. Join the tobacco free movement for the Great American Spit Out.
Great American Smokeout (GASO) 2022 – Every year, during this national event hosted by the American Cancer Society, thousands of people across America come together and make the pledge to become tobacco free. On November 17, encourage Service members to kick all forms of tobacco to the curb (including cigarettes, vapes, e-cigarettes and smokeless) and jumpstart a healthier life. See how you can use the following YouCanQuit2 resources in your local GASO efforts and ensure Service members are set up for a successful quit!
- Check out the YCQ2 GASO Guide [PDF 519KB] that highlights a variety of YouCanQuit2 resources and ready-to-use messages to share with Service members throughout tobacco cessation month.
- Download the YCQ2 GASO image to use on your materials or resources (like your social media or newsletters).
- Share this new interactive tools poster [PDF 227KB] with Service members so they can find support resources, no matter where they are in their tobacco free journey.
- Help Service members start their quit tobacco journey by sharing the YouCanQuit2 Quit Plan, an app-like interactive tool that shows them step-by-step how to prepare to quit and offers encouraging tips along the way to help them achieve their quit goals.
- Encourage Service members to use the Support Locator to find a variety of services and programs using filters based on location, Military Service, preferred type of support and more.