- Great American Spit Out (GASpO) 2020 – This is an annual observance to encourage smokeless tobacco users to start their tobacco free journey with just one day. YouCanQuit2 also aims to educate Service members about the myths related to smokeless tobacco and provides information about how to quit. Download or order our materials to support your Service members on February 20. Check our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter channels for our social media mini-campaign and visit our website for more information to share:
- Great American Smokeout 2019 – This is an annual event organized by the American Cancer Society to encourage smokers to start their tobacco free journey with just one day. It’s also an opportunity to encourage Service members to quit not only cigarettes but all forms of tobacco, including chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes and vaping. Use our GASO Guide 2019 to support your local plans, including messaging and a ready-to-use image.
You may have seen or connected with us at these recent events. Check back for more events in 2020.
- 2019 AMSUS (The Society of Federal Health Professionals) Annual Meeting – On December 3-4, 2019 the campaign team hosted an exhibit at the AMSUS Annual Meeting exhibit hall and distributed samples of our print and promotional materials and answered questions from attendees.
- 2019 Tobacco Free Days Facebook Event – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Office on Smoking and Health hosted an online event in November 2019 for Service members, Veterans, retirees and family members who wanted to quit tobacco.
- Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Annual Meeting – On October 14-16, 2019 the campaign team hosted an exhibit at the AUSA Annual Meeting exhibit hall and distributed samples of our print and promotional materials and answered questions from attendees.