Story #11: “I can’t hang out with my buddies without smoking.”
Story #11: “My buddies and I love trying different hookah bars when we’re in a new town. However, now that I quit, I’m in a strange spot. I’m worried that if I still go out with my buddies, I’ll feel pressure to smoke, but if I don’t go, I’ll feel like I missed out. How can I see my friends and stay quit?”
- Be honest. Let them know your reasons for quitting so that you can still see them without feeling pressured to smoke.
- Suggest another hangout activity. What you do together doesn’t need to include hookah or other tobacco, it could be:
- Grabbing a meal together
- Going for a long walk or jog
- Watching a sports game
- Playing video games or cards
- Quit together. Encourage them to join you in quitting tobacco and make it a group effort.