Story #5: “I still can’t find a great way to relax without tobacco products.”
Story #5: Whenever I used to feel stressed, I’d reach for my e-cigarette to help calm me down. Now, I’m really proud of myself for not slipping, but I haven’t found an alternative for stressful situations. Are there other, quick ways to help me relax?
- Breathe. During tough moments, breathing and relaxation techniques can reduce stress and improve your mood quicker than you might think!
- Take a walk. If possible, take a walk or go for a bike ride to clear your head.
- Do something that brings you joy. Listen to your favorite music or think about a good memory that brings you joy.
- Text a friend. They can cheer you up! Getting your thoughts and feelings out of your head can be a great outlet for stress.
- Get into a habit of doing yoga or meditation to relax your body and mind.
- Crush your workout. If you’re having a stressful week, schedule some extra time to work out. Exercise reduces stress and is a great distraction from thinking about tobacco.
- Find more quick ways to beat stress that work best for you!